Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Got this from my grocery store's web site. It is really good. I've made it with frozen corn, with no problem.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3 tablespoons bacon drippings, divided
- 5 cups fresh corn (cut off the cob)
- 2 cups water, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon self-rising flour
- Melt margarine in an 8 or 10 inch skillet.
- Add 2 tbsp bacon drippings.
- Stir fresh corn into the skillet.
- Add 1 cup water, salt, sugar, pepper and flour.
- Coover over medium to high heat, stirring often.
- Cover and cook liquid down, then add second cup of water.
- Cook liquid down again.
- Turn burner down to meidum low and stirin remaining bacon drippings.
- Stir constantly to prevent scorching.
- Remove form heat when corn has thickened.
Wow this was good. I used frozen corn with no problems. Not something to make everyday due to the fat content but is great for something special. The whole family loved it and it really wasn't hard to make. Thanks pines506!