Oh man this takes me back. Talk about the ultimate comfort food! I'm a sucker for creamy, peppery gravy! You must make mashed potatoes with this! This recipe is easy to double if you need. It's just me and DH, so I only make 2 breasts. I hope you like this as much as I do! Enjoy!
- Combine milk and lemon juice in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Dip chicken in milk and then flour. Reserve leftover flour and milk for gravy.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Let oil get really hot before adding chicken! Fry chicken about 5 minutes on each side, until golden brown and cooked through. Remove chicken from pan.
- Add remaining flour to skillet with pan drippings. Cook, stirring constantly over medium-high heat until flour is golden, about 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in remaining milk. Cook, wisking well until gravy is smooth and thickened, which should be about 2 minutes.
- Spoon gravy over chicken and serve!