1/1 Photo of Fried Chicken With Peppery Gravy
Oh man this takes me back. Talk about the ultimate comfort food! I'm a sucker for creamy, peppery gravy! You must make mashed potatoes with this! This recipe is easy to double if you need. It's just me and DH, so I only make 2 breasts. I hope you like this as much as I do! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine milk and lemon juice in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper and cayenne.
- 2Dip chicken in milk and then flour. Reserve leftover flour and milk for gravy.
- 3In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Let oil get really hot before adding chicken! Fry chicken about 5 minutes on each side, until golden brown and cooked through. Remove chicken from pan.
- 4Add remaining flour to skillet with pan drippings. Cook, stirring constantly over medium-high heat until flour is golden, about 1 minute.
- 5Gradually stir in remaining milk. Cook, wisking well until gravy is smooth and thickened, which should be about 2 minutes.
- 6Spoon gravy over chicken and serve!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Chicken With Peppery Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 876.6
- Calories from Fat 565
- Total Fat 62.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 142.1 mg
- Sodium 853.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 44.0 g