Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of the recipe from the book that mom sent from Japan.
Make and share this Fried Chicken With Leek Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 400 g chicken thighs
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- oil (for frying)
- 2 long leeks
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- cut the leek thinly.
- Put the leek into a bowl with sauce mixture and mix them well.
- set aside.
- Remove all yellow fat from chiken, cut into small pieces, and cover with corn starch.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry chicken in oil and cook them until nice and golden colour and chicken's juice goes clear.
- Serve with leek sauce top on the chicken.
I only made the sauce component of this recipe serving over a pan-fried chicken breast instead of thighs but I know it would have been great with them as well. The sauce had a wonderful salty and slightly nutty taste that went well with the chicken and noodles I served it with, and would also be good over rice.