Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of the recipe from the book that mom sent from Japan.
- 400 g chicken thighs
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- oil (for frying)
- 2 long leeks
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- cut the leek thinly.
- Put the leek into a bowl with sauce mixture and mix them well.
- set aside.
- Remove all yellow fat from chiken, cut into small pieces, and cover with corn starch.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry chicken in oil and cook them until nice and golden colour and chicken's juice goes clear.
- Serve with leek sauce top on the chicken.
I only made the sauce component of this recipe serving over a pan-fried chicken breast instead of thighs but I know it would have been great with them as well. The sauce had a wonderful salty and slightly nutty taste that went well with the chicken and noodles I served it with, and would also be good over rice.