- 2 (2 1/2-3 lb) roasting chickens
- 4 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- vegetable oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash chicken pieces, pat dry. Pour buttermilk into large bowl; add chicken. Cover and refrigerate 1 ½ hours.
- Drain chicken. Combine flour, salt, garlic powder and cayenne. Dredge chicken in flour – shaking off excess. Let chicken stand 20 minute.
- Melt butter over low heat. Stir in honey and bring to a boil. Add pecans and simmer glaze for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat oil and fry chicken until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Serve with pecan sauce and pour over.