Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Fried Chicken in a WONDERFUL herbed cream sauce. Sure to please all those chicken lovers! Preparation time does not include marinating time in the fridge.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- vegetable oil
Herbed Cream Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch white pepper
- Fried Chicken:.
- Place chicken in a shallow glass dish.
- Whisk buttermilk, yolks and poultry seasoning in a bowl. Pour over chicken.
- Cover, and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Mix flour, thyme, sage, and basil in a bowl.
- Drain the chicken pieces, and coat with the seasoned flour. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add chicken in single layer.
- Cook on the first side 5 mins., or until golden brown. Turn, and cook on the other side until done.
- Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Serve with the Herbed Cream Sauce.
- Herbed Cream Sauce:.
- Add flour to a saucepan.
- Whisk in broth over heat, and simmer for 10 mins., or until thickened and smooth.
- Melt butter in saucepan. Add onion, garlic and paprika, and saute until onion is softened.
- Add wine, and cook until reduced by half.
- Whisk in broth mixture, and simmer 5 minutes
- Strain sauce.
- Add cream and cilantro.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Keep warm until serving.
- Makes 2 cup sauce.
Only made the cream sauce, but it was fantastic! Would give it 4 and a half stars if I could. Used thyme, dried basil, and dried oregano instead of cilantro, because that's what i had. Rich, filling, tasty sauce!