- 1 whole cut up chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 cups flour
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat-free chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- In one shallow pie pan place flour salt pepper and oregano.
- In second pan place milk eggs salt pepper and oregano.
- In third pan place bread crumbs.
- Dip chicken into flour and shake off excess.
- Dip into milk and then into breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil over med-high heat and add chicken.
- Brown on each side for about 5-7 minutes.
- When chicken is golden brown reduce heat to med-low and cover.
- Cook for about 45 minutes Uncover and cook 5 mins on each side to recrisp chicken.
- Remove from pan.
- Add 2 tbs flour and butter and let cook for about one minute over med heat.
- Whisk in chicken stock making sure to scrape up the tasty bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper and pour over chicken.