Recipe by Annetty
Yes, another Chicken with Cashew dish - this one is a Thai style and there is quiet alot of liquid. Its a very tasty dish, its also quick & simple to make and great served with rice. I sometimes increase the chicken to about 500g and still leave all the other ingredients the same. You can also use less oil if you are using a non-stick pan
Top Review by currybunny
This was very nice, I did halve the sauce for two of us and there was still heaps. I found it a tad sweet, would have preferred a bit more chilli flavour, but all in all a good recipe. Served with rice and channai roti; thanks for posting!
- 300 g chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 120 g cashew nuts
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- 1 big red chile, sliced
- 1 spring onion, slice in approx 6 - 8 cm lenghts
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 tablespoons wine or 4 tablespoons whiskey
- 4 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons palm sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok or pan and over a low head add the cashew nuts and keep stirring until they become golden brown in colour.
- Don't look away as they burn in a flash!
- Remove from oil and set aside.
- Using the same pan add the rest of the oil, add the chopped garlic, when golden add the chicken and onion - stir-fry for about 10 minutes.
- Add all the sauce ingredients to the chicken mixture (a few spoons of water may be added at this stage - if you wish, taste the sauce).
- Add the cashew nuts, stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and serve garnished with the sliced chilli and spring onion.
- Serve with rice.
- NOTE: You can also prepare this dish using pork or tofu instead of the chicken.