1 hr 25 mins
Recipe courtesy of Beyond Chicken, recipe by Tebner Foodfoto Jmph, copyright 2005, Silverback Books, Inc. Pan-fried chicken with what I think looks like a sweet and spicy apple chutney that adds a kick to the ordinary chicken dish. Have yet to try this particular recipe but I hope it won't be long!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups apples, peeled and diced
- 1 cup onion, peeled and diced
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder (Indian 5 spices or panch phoran or Bengali five spices)
- 2 teaspoons fresh gingerroot, diced finely
- 1 red chili pepper, seeds removed and cut into fine strips
- 2In a saucepan, combine apples, onions, raisins, sugar, vinegar, panch phoran, ginger, and chile pepper.
- 3Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- 4Simmer over low heat for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally until the apples are tender.
- 5Remove from heat and let cool.
- 7Rinse chicken and pat dry, season with salt and pepper.
- 8In a pan, heat oil and butter.
- 9Place chicken in the pan with the skin side down and fry over reduced heat for 12-15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 10Remove chicken from the pan and set aside, add stock to the same pan, season with salt and pepper, and reduce stock by half.
- 11Divide chicken onto plates and top with pan juices and the chutney.
- 12Serve with a brown rice pilaf, broccoli of some kind, and Parmesan biscuits with butter or honey; a nice (rosé).
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Chicken With Apple Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.4
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 16.4 mg
- Sodium 122.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 66.8 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken breast fillets