Recipe by HOTTOPOT
Drom the cookbook "HOORAY for Chicken" comes this great little recipe. Easy to make, smells great, tastes wonderful. Season to your taste!
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 ounces swiss cheese
- 8 slices bacon, partially cooked
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Flatten chicken to 1/4 inches thick.
- Slice cheese lengthwise to make 8 even strips.
- Place one strip of cheese in center of each thigh.
- Fold long sides of chicken over cheese; fold ends of chicken over and wrap each with a slice of bacon, secure with a wooden toothpick.
- Combine egg whites and lemon juice.
- Combine flour and lemon pepper.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture.
- Dredge in flour mixture.
- Heat at least 1 inch oil to 350°.
- Fry chicken 15 minutes or until golden, turning once.
- Drain and enjoy!