Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
One of the only chicken recipes my picky children will eat! Less greasy than fast food, and more tasty!
- Slice chicken longwise into six strips per breast.
- Put flour and Fish Fri into separate ziploc bags.
- Lightly beat egg with 1 Tbs. water.
- Shake four chicken strips at a time in the flour, shake off the excess, dip in egg wash, shake off the excess, then shake in Fish Fri.
- Heat two inches of oil in a skillet to medium hot.
- Fry chicken strips in batches so they do not touch, turning, until they are golden brown.
- Drain and serve.
- Watch them disappear!
Was at home and didn't have fish fry (or your traditional vegetable for that matter - just olive oil). Since I was using extra virgin olive oil, I substituted italian dressing mix and mixed it into the flour. I also added two scoops of dry non-dairy creamer. I doubled breaded them and fried according to directions.... were divine and almost no grease!
This was great. I wanted to make popcorn chicken, so I cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and it worked out perfect. I made enough at once and then froze it for when the kids want a snack. It is much better than the store bought The fish seasoning was a little to strong by itself, so I added some flour to the mix. That was just my personal taste though. My husband, who likes bite to his food, loved it.