Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Make and share this Fried Chicken Tenders recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs chicken tenders
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped (or mashed in a mortar and pestle)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 limes, juice of, plus 1 lime for garnish
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- canola oil (for frying)
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 8 cups water
- 4 -6 cups all-purpose flour
- lime wedge
- In a large bowl soak chicken in water and vinegar for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse well, and pat dry. Add chicken pieces to ziploc bag or large mixing bowl.
- Add garlic, salt and black pepper to taste, juice of 2 limes, oregano, and worcheshire sauce. Mix well to combine.
- Let marinade for at least 1/2 hour to 1 hour on the counter, or refrigerate if marinating longer or up to overnight. (the longer it marinades the better it will taste). Bring to room temperature before frying.
- In a ziploc bad or large mixing bowl add flour, salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Add marinated chicken to flour mix in batches (shaking off excess marinade first). Make sure the chicken is completely coated in the flour mix.
- Heat saute pan on med heat, add canola oil, and 1 tbs. sugar. When sugar starts to turn a dark golden brown, add chicken pieces (do this in batches, trying not to overcrowd the pan).
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Transfer to paper towel lined dish.
- Garnish with lime wedges.