Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
Nice and crispy and a tad spicy, the perfect appetizer. The trick to perfect fried chicken is to control the temperature of your oil. Too hot and the food burns before it's fully cooked, too cool and it won't get crispy and it will get very greasy. Use a deep-fry thermometer and a heavy pot so that when you add the food the temperature won't drop too drastically. Brining the chicken is the best way to make it juicy and flavorful, but I wouldn't recommend doing it overnight as that's too long. Two hours should do it.
- 680.38 g chicken tenders
- 946.0 ml water
- 59.14 ml kosher salt
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 473.18 ml flour
- 29.58 ml garlic powder
- 29.58 ml onion powder
- 29.58 ml paprika
- 29.58 ml seasoning salt
- 14.79 ml black pepper
- 9.85 ml cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs
- 59.14 ml milk
- Combine the water, kosher salt, and sugar in a container to form a brine. Add the chicken tenders and let this marinate in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Combine the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, seasoned salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper in a container and mix very well to combine.
- Mix the eggs and milk in another container.
- Preheat your oil to 350 degrees.
- Dredge the chicken tenders in the flour mixture and pat off excess.
- Dip the tenders in the egg mixture and drain excess.
- Dredge the chicken tenders in the flour a second time and set them on a plate. Put them in the fridge to dry out for about 20 minutes. This will help the coating stick to the chicken better.
- Once the oil is hot, fry the tenders in small batches for about 5 minutes and then drain on paper towels.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauces!
Fabulous recipe! Everyone loved it and the tenders were great the second day in the toaster oven. Made some with the cayenne and some without for the kids. Both were a hit. Used rice flour (to make it gluten free) and triple dipped the tenders which gave them a thick, crispy coat. Also, instead of pan frying, I oven fried - heat oven to 400 degrees. Put 1/4 inch vegetable oil in a baking sheet and heat in the oven. When hot, place chicken tenders on the baking sheet - bake for 7-10 min, rotate tenders and bake for additional 7-10 min. Absolutely fabulous!
Best chicken tenders recipe ever, the brine made them so tender and the spices were just right. Family loved them, will be making this over and over
Loved it. I used my deep fryer for this and I had 2 lbs of chicken with plenty of ingredients left over. My only suggestion is if you have small children I would omit or just cut back on the cayenne pepper.