Recipe by *Asha*
I love all kinds of salads. It's what I end up eating all summer long because they are quick, easy, and delicious. And I don't like to use my oven in the summer. Prep time includes 30 minutes to marinate the chicken.
Top Review by Scrapbook Lori
Had bleu cheese to use up and this worked perfectly. The only changes I made was omitting beets due to taste, and adding tomato, which we had on hand. We also made our own honey dijon dressing out of ingredients we had available. Served with homemade veggie soup. Made for a great weeknight meal.
Thanks for posting!
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, thickly sliced (cut across rib)
- 1 (15 ounce) can baby beets, whole, drained and halved
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free honey-dijon salad dressing
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a shallow dish. Stir well and set aside.
- Combine chicken and buttermilk in a bowl and stir. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Drain the chicken strips and dredge a few at a time in breadcrumb mixture, tossing to coat.
- Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add oil and place over medium heat until hot. Add chicken to skillet. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until done.
- Arrange 1 cup of lettuce on each of 4 plates and divide chicken and beets among plates. Top with 2 tablespoons dressing and 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Enjoy as lunch or light dinner with couple of slices of garlic bread.