Recipe by NELady
From Everyday with Rachael Ray Magazine, February 2009. I haven't made this yet - I'm posting to try later.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I changed a few things here, but nothing spectacular ~ I used lemon pepper instead of the S&P, & replaced the corn tortillas with the flour ones (I'm not that fond of the corn variety)! MOST ENJOYABLE EATING, & I'll be making use of this recipe again & again! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 cups shredded chicken, store-bought rotisserie chicken is suggested
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese (about 6 oz)
- 12 small corn tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until softened, about 6 minutes. Add the chicken, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring, until heated through. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the cheese. Wipe out the skillet.
- In the same skillet, warm the tortillas over low heat to soften, about 15 seconds on each side. Place on a work surface, then spoon 1/4 cup chicken mixture down the center of each. Roll up the tortillas.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining 2/3 cup oil over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add the chicken rollups seam side down and cook, turning once, until golden, about 2 minutes; drain on paper towels.