Recipe by dawnmarie0817
I could never get a decent chicken nugget using just flour and '7 & herbs & spices' so I came up with my own recipe using corn flakes which makes them gluten free for my gluten sensitive son. This can be made as a snack or appetizer too.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 4 cups corn flakes (pre crushed)
- canola oil (enough to cover the bottom half of the chicken pieces in your frying pan. I used a large pan and 1 1)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1) Cut up the chicken into nugget sized pieces.
- 2) Use a food processor and crush the corn flakes.
- 3) Add the rest of the DRY ingredients to the flakes and mix together (preferably into something you can shake as the finer ingredient will settle beneath the corn flakes).
- 4) Mix the milk & eggs together in a small, separate bowl.
- 5) Coat the chicken in the egg/milk mixture, letting excess run off.
- 6) Dredge the chicken into the corn flakes & seasonings, shaking it until it's completely coated.
- 7) Fry over medium high heat in the canola oil turning them to cook evenly and thoroughly.
- **If you'd like to bake them feel free. I haven't done that yet of course but I'm guessing 425 for 7 minutes then flipping for another 5-7. **.