Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 lb chicken liver
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, ground
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (optional)
- Wash and drain chicken livers.
- Combine flour, pepper and parsley in a bag.
- Drop livers in bag, 4 or 5 at a time, then shake. Heat vegetable oil and margarine in deep skillet. Put in onions and chicken livers.
- Fry at medium-high heat until browned (5 minutes or so). Pour in wine; simmer a minute or two.
- Great with rice. Serves 4.
GREAT Way to fix chicken livers. My husband & I love them fixed this way. I have been fixing them like this for years. A friend gave me the recipe over 30 years ago. I can't belive that this recipe hadn't been rated before, Because if you like chicken livers you will like this recipe. I served them over rice.
I made this last night as a side dish because hubby and I aren't big fans of liver and I didn't want to make a meal of just this. We LOVED it! The only thing different I did was soaked the livers in salt water for about 90 min.,then rinsed and dried them before cooking. Will be making this on a regular basis from now on. TY, Tonkcats
I found this to be too oily and bland.