1 hr 15 mins
This is from the Little House on the Prarie cookbook. It is an old recipe but very good. I actually like it better cold the next day than fresh. If you are looking for one with a heavy batter or KFC style, this isn't for you. I have no idea if my cooking time is accurate...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place chicken pieces in a large bowl and sprinkle with vinegar and salt.
- 2Cover with cold water and set aside (I put it in the fridge) for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- 3After 30 minutes (or so) heat the oil in a frying pan (I use a cast iron skillet) over medium/high heat. Let the oil come up 1/4 to 1/2 way up the sides of the pan.
- 4Drain chicken and, one at a time, coat with flour.
- 5Fry the chicken in hot oil until brown on all sides.
- 6You can either finish the chicken in oven or lower the heat, so it doesn't burn, and cook the chicken through in the pan.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Chicken (Little House on the Prairie)
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 571.9
- Calories from Fat 313
- Total Fat 34.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 172.5 mg
- Sodium 161.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 44.9 g