Recipe by Marsha D.
DH and I love chicken legs better than the other sections of the chicken. I just add my special touch of seasonings to the basic flour mixture. Everyone loves them legs!!
Top Review by My Sharona
I am only rating the cooking method/times because I used a different recipe for the breading. I will say the cooking method was AWESOME and it cooked the chicken legs perfectly! They were juicy but well-cooked and was exactly what I needed. I'm keeping this as my method for always cooking chicken legs! I will warn you: there were some major splatters going on at my house to where I had to clean my floor twice. But that's just the way it goes - so I'm getting a splatter screen before I make these again!
- 12 chicken legs
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (I use Johnny's)
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon beau monde seasoning (spice Island brand)
- 1 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons Butter Flavor Crisco
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large electric skillet to 375'.
- Place oil and butter in skillet til hot.
- Meanwhile mix together flour,salt,pepper,seasoning salt,chicken bouillon,and beau monde seasoning in a large plastic baggie or a bread bag and shake to blend.
- Wash and towel dry chicken legs and add to plastic bag with mixture.
- Shake to coat legs.
- Place in hot oil and fry, turning every 10 minutes. Til browned evenly.
- Turn heat down and cover skillet for 10 minutes. Remove cover and turn legs over and cover with lid for another 10 minutes. Remove lid.
- Turn heat up again and fry til crisp, with turning every 5 minutes for 15minutes.
- Remove from oil and place on paper towel and serve.
- (NOTE: You may add or delete oil to your standards before or during frying).