Recipe by winter rowand
A delightful stir fried recipe that your sure to love. If you have never tried jellyfish this recipe is the one to try.
- 9 ounces dried jellyfish
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon scallion, shredded
- 7 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon rice wine
- 1 tablespoon egg white, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon msg
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak jellyfish in cold water for 3 hoursWash and cut in 1-inch pieces. Plunge into boiling water; remove immediately and drain. Set aside.
- Remove all tendons and fat from chicken breast. Cut horizontally into slices about 1 inch wide and then stack the slices and cut along grain to shred.
- Mix shreds with egg white and cornstarch.
- Set wok over high heat pour in oil and heat to 150°F (warm) add chicken immediately. Stir gently until the shreds separate, then remove rapidly; drain and set aside.
- Pour oil out of wok, leaving only enough to cover the bottom. Heat wok until oil surface ripples add scallions and stir.
- Add jellyfish, chicken rice wine salt, msg, and ginger. Stir fry 30 seconds. Sprinkle with sesame oil and serve.