Prep 6 hrs
Cook 30 mins
The original recipe calls for chicken drumettes but I use skinless, and boneless thighs or breast tenders. Good to take on picnics and eaten with rice balls (musubi) since it's good cold as well as hot.
- 4 lbs chicken drummettes or 4 lbs chicken thighs, if using thighs cut into 1 inch by 3 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt (use less since it can be too salty or eliminate)
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 2 stalks green onions, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- Combine all the above ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add chicken to mixture and stir together.
- Cover bowl and place in refrigerator to marinate 4 - 6 hours or overnight.
- When ready to cook, remix since batter may separate overnight.
- Deep fry in oil.
- Drain and serve.
Great chicken! Made this using chicken thighs and marinating approximately eight hours. Followed your advice and used just a sprinkle of salt - did not use the optional Accent seasoning (a personal choice on my part.) Went with the two cloves of garlic - the sesame seed give this wow appeal! Yes loved this chicken - so happy with this recipe I am now off to print more of your recipes! Thank you - it's been added to my Favorites Cookbook - a repeat has already been requested.
I made this recipe for the PAC 08' and all I can say is this is a must try.....it was Delish!!!