Recipe by MasakoHI
The original recipe calls for chicken drumettes but I use skinless, and boneless thighs or breast tenders. Good to take on picnics and eaten with rice balls (musubi) since it's good cold as well as hot.
Top Review by Gerry
Great chicken! Made this using chicken thighs and marinating approximately eight hours. Followed your advice and used just a sprinkle of salt - did not use the optional Accent seasoning (a personal choice on my part.) Went with the two cloves of garlic - the sesame seed give this wow appeal! Yes loved this chicken - so happy with this recipe I am now off to print more of your recipes! Thank you - it's been added to my Favorites Cookbook - a repeat has already been requested.
- 4 lbs chicken drummettes or 4 lbs chicken thighs, if using thighs cut into 1 inch by 3 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt (use less since it can be too salty or eliminate)
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 2 stalks green onions, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the above ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add chicken to mixture and stir together.
- Cover bowl and place in refrigerator to marinate 4 - 6 hours or overnight.
- When ready to cook, remix since batter may separate overnight.
- Deep fry in oil.
- Drain and serve.