1/3 Photos of Fried Chicken.....goose Creek, Kentucky Southern Fried Chicken
Timothy J Higgins Eva's Note:
This is another one of my Grandmother's recipes from Goose Creek Kentucky, which is where my mother lived until she was 28 then moved to Sandusky, Ohio, my mother is now 84. So, that tells you how old this recipe is! Follow as described and you will not go wrong!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine milk and egg and set aside. Combine flour, salt, paprika, pepper, sage and tarragon in a plastic bag. Add a few pieces of chicken to the dry mixture and shake to coat.
- 2Dip the chicken in the egg and milk mixture. Shake the wet chicken and then coat a second time in the flour mixture. This can be baked in the oven at 375 to 400 for 45 minutes, made on the stove top, or in an electric frying pan on medium high heat.
- 3Brown chicken on all sides then reduce heat to medium low. Continue cooking until chicken is tender (app. 35 - 45) minutes. Do not cover. Turn chicken several times during cooking and drain on a paper towel when done.
- 4To deep fry heat three inches of oil to 365 in a deep fryer or deep saucepan and fry the chicken for 15 - 18 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Cooking uncovered reduces the moisture in the pan and keeps the chicken coating crispy. A splatter screen for the top of the pan is helpful in keeping down the mess.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Chicken.....goose Creek, Kentucky Southern Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 653.7
- Calories from Fat 339
- Total Fat 37.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 229.6 mg
- Sodium 1357.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 48.8 g