Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Southern Living; good party food
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- vegetable oil
Come Back Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Chicken Fingers: Cut each breast half into 4 strips.
- Combine chicken strips, milk, and next 3 ingedients in a heavy duty zip-top bag; seal and chill 4 hours.
- Remove chicken, discarding marinade; dredge in flour.
- Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches in a large Dutch oven; when hot, fry chicken, in batches, 5-6 minutes or until golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with Come Back Sauce.
- Come Back Sauce: Stir together all ingredients in a bowl; cover and chill at least 1 hour.
These are AWESOME chicken fingers. The BEST homemade ones we have ever had. Moist, flavorful, and just the right amount of coating. We felt these were good enough to stand on their own without the sauce!! These will definitely be added to our recipe rotation!!! Thanks for the great recipe! :)
You're right NurseDi, these are incredible. I made them as a main course and served with fresh corn and cole slaw which made for a great summertime supper. I didn't have 4 hours to marinade the chicken, only 1 1/2 hours and they were still melt in your mouth good, soooo tender! The sauce was a perfect compliment to the chicken. The only thing I didn't do was to mince the onion. Mine was more like a coarse chop. Next time I will take the time to mince them as suggested so I get a little bit more of the onion flavor. Thanks for an easy and delicious new "keeper"!
Ooh baby, baby!! I made these for our Sunday afternoon football party. They were a total hit with me and my guests. These are the best chicken fingers I have ever had. They turned out moist on the inside and crisp on the outside. The dipping sauce was to die for. This is great party food.