Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Southern Living; good party food
Top Review by Shae
These are AWESOME chicken fingers. The BEST homemade ones we have ever had. Moist, flavorful, and just the right amount of coating. We felt these were good enough to stand on their own without the sauce!! These will definitely be added to our recipe rotation!!! Thanks for the great recipe! :)
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- vegetable oil
Come Back Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Chicken Fingers: Cut each breast half into 4 strips.
- Combine chicken strips, milk, and next 3 ingedients in a heavy duty zip-top bag; seal and chill 4 hours.
- Remove chicken, discarding marinade; dredge in flour.
- Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches in a large Dutch oven; when hot, fry chicken, in batches, 5-6 minutes or until golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with Come Back Sauce.
- Come Back Sauce: Stir together all ingredients in a bowl; cover and chill at least 1 hour.