Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Ever crave those restaurant style chicken fingers? Why pay restaurant prices for one serving when you could pay the same price for an entire meal. You'll have to vary the spices to your taste. The spices listed is how we makes these at home. Serve with buffalo wing sauce, honey mustard or BBQ sauce for dipping.
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon season salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups canola oil (or enough for pan frying)
- Heat oil in frying pan.
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, seasoned salt, red pepper flakes and black pepper. Mix with fork until well blended.
- In a separate shallow dish, "scramble" the eggs with the milk.
- Coat each tender with flour mixture, then egg mixture, then another coat of flour mixture.
- Fry until golden brown, about 5 - 7 minutes per tender. Can cook in batches.
These are amazing! I've been trying to find a recipe like this for a long time. My hubby is so picky, and I hoped he'd like these. No problem, he did. My only comment would be that I had to add some seasoning. The seasoning salt just didn't quite do it for us. I'm leaving it at 5 stars because it was so crispy and delicious. I would add a little garlic salt, onion powder, and possibly hit them with a little Krystal's hot sauce. Over all though, everything was excellent. Thanks so much for a great recipe!
We were wanting buffalo strips from a local restaurant but didn't want to go back out and drive. So I looked up a recipe that seemed easy and that required ingredients I already had. Found this one and MAN! These are wonderful! I was a little skeptical about all that pepper, but they were fantastic! Tossed them in wing sauce and served with a side of blue cheese. I would HIGHLY recommend this recipe!
This is by far the best chicken fingers recipe I've made! Lightly breaded & crispy, these are awesome! Thanks for the recipe!