Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Nice snack for guest as finger food, goes great in front of the television too. If you are a health freak, instead of frying the dumplings, simmer them with some chicken soup. Great recipe to do with children, they have heaps of fun making the dumplings.
- 350 g ground chicken
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cornflour
- 5 water chestnuts, chopped (optional)
- 35 wonton wrappers
- oil (enough to deep fry)
- Place the minced chicken, ginger, garlic, water chestnut, corn flour and sweet chilli sauce in a bowl and stir till it is combined.
- Lay a wonton wrapper on a flat surface and brush a little water around the edge of the wrapper.
- Place 2 teaspoons of the chicken mixture in the middle of the wrapper.
- Bring the corners together and pinch the edges together to seal.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture and wonton wrappers.
- Heat a pan of hot oil, and deep fry them till they are golden brown.
- NOTE: Do not put too many dumplings in when deep frying, don't want to bring the heat down too much.
This was actually fun to make. I've never worked with wonton wrappers before, but it was easy! And they tasted soooo good. I made Chia's Chicken Soup, boiled the finished dumplings in water and served them in the soup. Perfect. They did take me longer than 15 minutes to prepare. The dumplings were mild and tangy and sweet and hot and chewy and smooth. Yum.