Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Fried Chicken Drumsticks are a favorite of all sorts of people, but it can be a hard dish to prepare. Give it a try!
- 6 chicken legs
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Before frying, boil chicken legs in a pot of water for 10 minutes or until meat is cooked (not red).
- In a large saucepan, heat vegetable oil on medium heat.
- On a large plate, combine flour, cayenne pepper, paprika, and salt.
- Keep beaten eggs in a separate bowl.
- Take 1 chicken leg and cover it is flour mixture.
- Place the chicken leg in eggs and cover it in egg.
- Place the chicken leg back into the flour mixture and cover it again in flour.
- Once oil is hot and ready for frying, place chicken leg into the oil for frying.
- Repeat steps 5-8 for each chicken leg allowing up to 3 legs to fry at one time.
- Once legs are fried to a golden brown, remove from oil and place on a double-folded paper towel on a plate.
- Allow plenty of time to cool before serving.
Wow! Tender Flavorable, EASY TO FIX! I came home to frozen chicken drumsticks. I put on a pot of boiling water, boiled them 15 minutes because they were frozen. I beat 4 egg yolks. I followed the recipe for dipping & frying. I used less oil and kept turning and a bonus. Added sliced mushrooms,sliced green onions, marinated green and red peppers &I drizzled the leftoverbeaten egg yolks, salt and white pepper into the boiling water stock. Quick egg drop soup from the preparation boiling. Cool and save for another meal or add noodles when reheating. The drumsticks were so tender on the inside but fried outside. I will make again. I also gave my family a taste of the soup. Thanks for posting.
I will never make fried chicken the way I was taught again! This was easy to do and came out perfect! I'm sold!!
Love that I don't have to worry about whether the chicken is cooked. Good flavor. The nutrition info is WAY off. A teaspoon of salt has 2400 mg sodium so there is no way a single leg could have 1084 mg (a chicken leg with skin has less than 200 mg sodium, so I know the increase isn't that). Each drumstick prolly has between 250-500 mg sodium depending on how much breading we pack on.