Recipe by Larkin
Fried Chicken Drumsticks are a favorite of all sorts of people, but it can be a hard dish to prepare. Give it a try!
Top Review by Montana Heart Song
Wow! Tender Flavorable, EASY TO FIX! I came home to frozen chicken drumsticks. I put on a pot of boiling water, boiled them 15 minutes because they were frozen. I beat 4 egg yolks. I followed the recipe for dipping & frying. I used less oil and kept turning and a bonus. Added sliced mushrooms,sliced green onions, marinated green and red peppers &I drizzled the leftoverbeaten egg yolks, salt and white pepper into the boiling water stock. Quick egg drop soup from the preparation boiling. Cool and save for another meal or add noodles when reheating. The drumsticks were so tender on the inside but fried outside. I will make again. I also gave my family a taste of the soup. Thanks for posting.
- 6 chicken legs
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Before frying, boil chicken legs in a pot of water for 10 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, heat vegetable oil on medium heat.
- On a large plate, combine flour, cayenne pepper, paprika, and salt.
- Keep beaten eggs in a separate bowl.
- Take 1 chicken leg and cover it is flour mixture.
- Place the chicken leg in eggs and cover it in egg.
- Place the chicken leg back into the flour mixture and cover it again in flour.
- Once oil is hot and ready for frying, place chicken leg into the oil for frying.
- Repeat steps 5-8 for each chicken leg allowing up to 3 legs to fry at one time.
- Once legs are fried to a golden brown, remove from oil and place on a double-folded paper towel on a plate.
- Allow plenty of time to cool before serving.