Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This chicken salad is made from leftover skinless fried chicken. Everyone in my family loves it so I make sure I make extra chicken so I can make this for the next days sandwiches. Can also use to stuff big red tomatoes. YUMMY!!! :)
- 3 cups leftover fried chicken, skinless breasts
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Aunt Jane's Krazy Mixed Up Salt (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Chop fried chicken and mix with diced celery, onion, mayo, pepper and Jane's Krazy salt. Mix well and chill for a couple of hours before serving.
- We make sandwiches with it but you can also stuff tomatoes or use it any way you like. Enjoy!
I made this as written, but I had only half of a breast of left over fried chicken. I adjusted the other ingredients accordingly, and this was perfect for two very stuffed sandwiches. Thanks for a great recipe. We will definitly use this again. P.S. One additional change I did make was I used seasoned salt instead of the crazy mixed up salt, and it was still very delicious.
This was so good! It was for sure something different and unusual. I added almonds to mine though and it gave it a great touch. Next time we are going to try it on a wrap though, I think it would be better that way.
This chicken salad makes the best sandwiches ever. It is definately worth the effort of making extra fried chicken so there's enough left to make salad. This recipe outshines any I've had before. It has nice nice flavor and the ingredients complement each other very well. Be sure to make enough to have that second sandwich. Enjoy! Thanks Judy81350 for this special addition to my family's regular luncheon menu.