Recipe by daisygrl64
Pol Martin Cookbook: Easy Cooking For Today Please Note: This is two recipes in one, because when you are doing the chicken recipe it asks for 1 1/2 cups of the horseradish white sauce. So it is advised to make the sauce first.
For the Sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups hot milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons horseradish
- 1 pinch paprika
- salt and pepper (if necessary)
For The chicken
- 2 large whole chicken breasts, de-boned, skinned and cleaned
- 1 cup seasoned flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups horseradish white sauce, hot
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in saucepan, when hot add onions cover and cook for 3 minutes over low heat.
- add flour and mix, cook uncovered for 1 minute.
- pour half of milk and mix well. add remaining milk, season and add spices.
- bring sauce to a boil, continue cooking 8 to 10 minutes, uncovered over medium-low heat, stir frequently.
- mix in horseradish and simmer 2 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375*F (190*C).
- Dredge chicken with flour, Dip into beaten eggs and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in frying pan, when hot add chicken and cook 4 minutes over medium-high heat.
- turn chicken over, continue cooking 4 minutes, and season with salt and pepper.
- remove chicken from pan, place in baking dish and bake for 10 to 12 more minutes.
- to serve pour sauce over chicken.