Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
Tropical Fried chicken from Hawaii with ginger and gin from Trader Vic.
- 3 lbs chicken, dressed
- 2 cups dark soy sauce
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons mashed gingerroot, to taste
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 5 -6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 ounces gin
- peanut oil
- green onion
- white pepper
- Marinate the chicken parts in the soy, water, gingerroot, brown sugar, garlic and gin for an hour. Loosen the skin and turn so the sauce penetrates the chicken.
- Fry the chicken in deep fat [the peanut oil] until tender. Test to be sure it is cooked completely.
- Remove and cool slightly then chop into pieces and place on serving dish.
- Make a mixture of salt and white pepper and brown in a skillet. Sprinkle this on the chicken and garnish with the green onion and parsley.
- Serve immediately.
- NOTE COOK TIME IS MARINATION TIME.