Down home meets upscale with this sinfully delicious fried chicken coated with Asiago cheese. Served on a bed of artichoke fettuccine, it's the perfect blend of the south and the city.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup asiago cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 5 artichoke hearts, chopped (canned)
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup asiago cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- Sauce Instructions:.
- Mix together Artichoke hearts, shallots, garlic, and mushrooms in medium sauce pan. Heat artichoke mixture on medium until mushrooms are just beginning to cook. This should take about 4 minutes. Add ½ cup Asiago cheese, 2% milk, and heavy cream. Simmer on low for 15 minutes, stirring regularly.
- In a separate pot, boil noodles for 15 minutes or until tender. When done, drain noodles and add sauce.
- Chicken Instructions:.
- Pound each chicken breast flat. Slice into 4-6 even pieces.
- Mix 1 cup shredded Asiago with ½ cup flour.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs well.
- Heat oil on stove.
- Once oil is hot enough to fry the chicken, dip each piece in egg and then into the cheese mixture. Fry 3 to 4 pieces of chicken in the oil 5 minutes per side or until cheese is a deep golden brown and chicken is done.
- Serve chicken on top of noodles and sauce.
We really, really loved this recipe. A yummy twist to fried chicken. The sauce was delicious and full of flavor. Great use of ingredients.