Prep 55 mins
Cook 40 mins
Yummy, crispy, southern fried chicken.
- 2 (2 1/2 lb) whole chickens, cut up
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- vegetable oil
- Place chicken in a large bowl; add water to cover.
- Add vinegar and 1/4 cup salt; let stand 30 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Stir together flour and next 6 ingredients; dredge chicken in flour mixture, shaking off excess flour mixture.
- Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 350°.
- Fry chicken, in batches, 9 to 10 minutes on each side or until done.
- Drain on paper towels.
Tried it. Was ok but didnt have the bite I was looking for.