Recipe by Coraniaid
Everyday Fried Chicken, goes great with a wide variety of sides but we like it with fresh corn on the cob or broccoli and mashed potatoes.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
Very nice recipe that really goes with pretty much everything. I used gluten free crackers which worked very well. Next time I'll increase the garam masala a bit. Thanks for sharing!
Made for PAC Spring 2012
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 20 saltine crackers
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons potato flakes
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 dash garam masala
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg
- vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- If frozen, thaw Chicken Breasts.
- Place Saltines in a container (preferably a zip-loc type bag) & crush using either a pestle, rolling pin or mallet.
- Add Flour, Potato Flakes, Black Pepper, Garam Masala & Salt to the crushed Saltines.
- Add Vegetable Oil to frying pan & heat on medium to medium high.
- Break egg onto dish or bowl & whisk vigorously for a few moments.
- Pat chicken breasts with a towel to remove excess moisture.
- Dredge chicken breasts in egg & then place in bag with Saltine mixture.
- Shake vigorously until covered & remove from bag.
- Set aside & repeat for all other Chicken Breasts.
- Fry for 3-5 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately.