Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Everyday Fried Chicken, goes great with a wide variety of sides but we like it with fresh corn on the cob or broccoli and mashed potatoes.
- If frozen, thaw Chicken Breasts.
- Place Saltines in a container (preferably a zip-loc type bag) & crush using either a pestle, rolling pin or mallet.
- Add Flour, Potato Flakes, Black Pepper, Garam Masala & Salt to the crushed Saltines.
- Add Vegetable Oil to frying pan & heat on medium to medium high.
- Break egg onto dish or bowl & whisk vigorously for a few moments.
- Pat chicken breasts with a towel to remove excess moisture.
- Dredge chicken breasts in egg & then place in bag with Saltine mixture.
- Shake vigorously until covered & remove from bag.
- Set aside & repeat for all other Chicken Breasts.
- Fry for 3-5 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately.
Very nice recipe that really goes with pretty much everything. I used gluten free crackers which worked very well. Next time I'll increase the garam masala a bit. Thanks for sharing!
Made for PAC Spring 2012