Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is my favorite fried chicken recipe. It's so easy and tastes so good.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 broiler (2-1/2 to 3 lbs.) or 1 broiler-fryer chicken (2-1/2 to 3 lbs.)
- In a bowl, combine first four ingredients.
- Wash and dry chicken, coat pieces in flour mixture.
- In skillet, melt shortening to 1/2 inch depth over med-high heat.
- Fry chicken in hot shortening until golden brown on all sides.
- Return all chicken to pan; cover and cook over low heat until chicken is done, about 30 minutes.