Prep 6 hrs 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy cheesy dish that kids and guests will love. I'm a HUGE cheese fanatic so this is one of my faves. Also, this is the only mac dish that you can eat with your hands!! (The spices are to my liking. Alter if you need to... Goes great with ranch!)
- 205.53 g box Kraft macaroni and cheese
- 29.58 ml butter
- 59.14 ml milk
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 236.59 ml shredded Italian cheese blend
- 177.44 ml Kraft pimento spread
- 4 eggs
- 44.37 ml milk
- 473.18 ml Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml onion powder
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml cayenne
- peanut oil (for frying)
- Prepare the boxed macaroni as directed on the box. Strain and add the 1/4 Cup milk and the butter as well as the cheese mix that came with it.
- While mac is still hot, add all of the cheeses and mix until completely melted. (If cheese doesn't melt, microwave until melted.).
- Put mac and cheese in a container and refrigerate for at least 4-5 hours.
- Take the mac out, scoop into balls and place on baking sheets with parchment paper and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- In a small dish, mix the bread crumbs with all of the spices and set aside.
- In another small dish, beat the 4 eggs with the 3 TBS. of milk to make a wash.
- In a medium saucepan, heat about 2 inches (depth) of peanut oil to 350* F.
- Coat the mac balls in the egg wash and then dredge them in the bread crumbs.
- Fry in small batches for about 3 to 5 minute or until golden brown.
I subbed smoked gouda for the sharp cheddar and then used a mayo wash instead of and egg wash, SO delicious!