Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Fried Cheesecake Recipie Submitted in Response to a Request on the discussion board. I have not tried it, but it sounds similar to one that we get at a local restaurant (Doc Harry's) (I would replace the cornflakes with cookie crumbs and use a heavy NY style cheesecake)
- 1 slice frozen cheesecake, , could shape cheesecake into balls before freezing (, I would use a heavy, NY style cheesecake)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup corn flake crumbs (Would try cookie crumbs myself)
- peanut oil (for frying)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1⁄2 ounces Amaretto
- 2 1⁄2 ounces light brown sugar
- 5 ounces heavy cream
- Defrost cheesecake slightly.
- Dip into buttermilk; lift to drain excess liquid.
- Roll into cornflake crumbs, pressing slightly to coat cheesecake completely.
- Refreeze for at least 2 hours.
- Heat peanut oil to 325 degrees.
- Immerse cheesecke completely.
- Deep fry for approximately 1 minute.
- serve with praline sauce: Heat pecans in skillet.
- Add amaretto and reduce.
- Add brown sugar and cream.
- Cook on medium heat and reduce to half.
- Pour over cheesecake.
This is a fantastic treat I use Strawberries and whipping cream and serve it upin a big goblet.