Fried Cheesecake Recipie Submitted in Response to a Request on the discussion board. I have not tried it, but it sounds similar to one that we get at a local restaurant (Doc Harry's) (I would replace the cornflakes with cookie crumbs and use a heavy NY style cheesecake)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 slice frozen cheesecake, , could shape cheesecake into balls before freezing (, I would use a heavy, NY style cheesecake)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup corn flake crumbs (Would try cookie crumbs myself)
- peanut oil (for frying)
- 1Defrost cheesecake slightly.
- 2Dip into buttermilk; lift to drain excess liquid.
- 3Roll into cornflake crumbs, pressing slightly to coat cheesecake completely.
- 4Refreeze for at least 2 hours.
- 5Heat peanut oil to 325 degrees.
- 6Immerse cheesecke completely.
- 7Deep fry for approximately 1 minute.
- 8serve with praline sauce: Heat pecans in skillet.
- 9Add amaretto and reduce.
- 10Add brown sugar and cream.
- 11Cook on medium heat and reduce to half.
- 12Pour over cheesecake.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (682 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1990.3
- Calories from Fat 1385
- Total Fat 153.9 g
- Saturated Fat 50.3 g
- Cholesterol 257.9 mg
- Sodium 709.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 144.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.4 g
- Sugars 87.3 g
- Protein 27.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: