Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1⁄2 lb melting cheese (Provolne,Mozzarella,Gruyere,ect.)
- flour, for coating
- 2 eggs, beaten
- dry breadcrumbs (I use seasoned)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons minced green onions
- 2 teaspoons minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced capers
- Cut cheese into 2-1/2 x 1/2-inch sticks.
- Dust with flour.
- Dip in beaten egg and then into breadcrumbs.
- Press crumbs around cheese; dip again in egg mixture and then crumbs once again to make a firm coating.
- Make sure all the cheese has a good coating of the bread crumbs.
- Refrigerate until time to serve.
- Heat deep fryer to 375 degrees.
- Fry 3 or 4 at a time, turning once if necessary, until desired browness is reached.
- Remove and drain on papertowels.
- Repeat until all are cooked.
- For dip, combine remaining ingredients and serve as a dip for cheese or dip in your favorite marinara sauce.