Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
An old Betty Crocker's Creative Recipes with Bisquick book copyrighted in 1980. Super good recipe.
Make and share this Fried Cheese Meltaways recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oil (2 inches) in deep-fat fryer to 375°.
- Beat 1 cup baking mix, the milk and egg with hand beater until smooth.
- Coat cheese cubes lightly with baking mix.
- Insert a round wooden pick in each cheese cube; dip into batter, covering cheese completely.
- Fry several cubes at a time, turning carefully, until goldn brown, 1 to 2 minutes; drain on paper towels.