Recipe by crazycookinmama
An old Betty Crocker's Creative Recipes with Bisquick book copyrighted in 1980. Super good recipe.
- vegetable oil
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese or 1 lb cheddar cheese or 1 lb American cheese or 1 lb swiss cheese or 1 lb mozzarella cheese, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil (2 inches) in deep-fat fryer to 375°.
- Beat 1 cup baking mix, the milk and egg with hand beater until smooth.
- Coat cheese cubes lightly with baking mix.
- Insert a round wooden pick in each cheese cube; dip into batter, covering cheese completely.
- Fry several cubes at a time, turning carefully, until goldn brown, 1 to 2 minutes; drain on paper towels.