Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A dish from near the Belgian border
- 2 camembert cheese, cut into 6 triangles each
- 150 g speculoos biscuits or 150 g ginger crackers
- 50 g of fine semolina couscous
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 500 ml cooking oil
- salt and pepper
- Smash the biscuit in the bowl with couscous and mix extensively.
- Add a couple of pinches of salt and pepper.
- Pour into a shallow dish and coat the portions of cheese mixture.
- Allow them four hours to harden in the freezer.
- Remove stems of fennel and the first skin if damaged.
- Using a mandoline or a sharp knife, finely chop the fennel bulbs over a bowl. Drizzle with oil and vinegar, add a couple of pinches of salt and pepper.
- Fry in oil for about a minute.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Enjoy immediately with the fennel salad.