Recipe by KittyKitty
This is alot simpler to make than some would think, all you have to is make sure to chill the cheese very well, after breading, and before frying, this keeps it from melting. Cook time is apprx.
- 6 ounces gruyere cheese, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- vegetable oil
- picante sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dip cheese cubes into egg. Dredge in flour, dip again in egg.
- Roll in bread crumbs; press firmly so crumbs adhere.
- Place on wax paper; chill 30 minutes.
- Deep fry cubes in hot oil (375F) until golden brown. Drain. Arrange on platter, serve immediately with Picante sauce; if desired.