Recipe by Chelle_DaysFlutterby
A cheese lovers dream come true! Can be made with Monterey Jack, Cheddar, American, Swiss or Mozzarella cheese. Try serving with red pepper jelly as a great appetizer.
Top Review by Marsha D.
What a easy batter for making fried cheese!! It was most excellent. I think next time I will add some minced jalapeno peppers. Thanks for sharing this easy and delicious recipe! Its a keeper!
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut cheese into 3/4 inch cubes.
- Heat oil (2 inches deep) in deep fryer or saucepan to 375 degrees.
- Beat 1 cup baking mix, milk and egg with hand beater (or fork) until smooth.
- Coat cheese cubes lightly with dry baking mix and insert round wooden pick in each cube.
- Dip into batter, covering cheese completely.
- Fry several cubes at a time, turning carefully until golden brown (1 to 2 minutes).
- Drain on paper towel.