Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I bought a bunch of magazines cheap at a market. This is one of the recipes I found I'd like to make soon.
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup tahini
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small cauliflower, broken into large florets, discard woody stems
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Place the yoghurt, tahini, cumin, olive oil and lemon juice in a food processor-process for 10 seconds or until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the flour, 1 teaspoon salt and turmeric in a bowl and stir until combined.
- Place the oil in a wok or frying pan and heat over medium heat. Toss a few pieces of cauliflower in the flour mixture, then cook in the hot oil 5-6 until evenly golden turning often. Drain on paper towel and repeat until all the cauliflower is used. Spoon over the sauce and serve.