This is from The Love Chef. It is low in carbs but not anything else. We made this for a test tasting and it was awesome BUT we can't use it - too many changes & substitutions for a regular menu but once in awhile it is wonderful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (not that bottled stuff!)
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- fresh ground black pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- extra virgin olive oil (for frying)
- soy flour, for dusting
- 1 large head cauliflower, cored and cut into florets
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2To make the aioli, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, capers, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl, and stir well to combine.
- 3Set aside.
- 5In a medium saucepan, heat enough Extra Virgin Olive Oil to measure a depth of 2 inches to 350º F.
- 6Put the soy flour, sprinkled with crushed red pepper flakes, if using, in a medium bowl and add a handful or two of the cauliflower florets.
- 7Toss to dust the cauliflower, then transfer to a sieve set over the bowl of soy flour.
- 8Shake off excess, letting it fall into the bowl.
- 9Dip the pieces in the beaten egg, and fry until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 10Transfer to paper towels to drain, and keep warm while you fry the remaining pieces.
- 11When you take the cauliflower out after frying, season it with salt and pepper and serve immediately with the aioli for dipping.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Cauliflower With Caper Aioli
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.2
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 173.9 mg
- Sodium 597.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 9.5 g