Recipe by Manami
This is from The Love Chef. It is low in carbs but not anything else. We made this for a test tasting and it was awesome BUT we can't use it - too many changes & substitutions for a regular menu but once in awhile it is wonderful!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (not that bottled stuff!)
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- fresh ground black pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- extra virgin olive oil (for frying)
- soy flour, for dusting
- 1 large head cauliflower, cored and cut into florets
- 3 eggs, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the aioli, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, capers, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl, and stir well to combine.
- Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat enough Extra Virgin Olive Oil to measure a depth of 2 inches to 350º F.
- Put the soy flour, sprinkled with crushed red pepper flakes, if using, in a medium bowl and add a handful or two of the cauliflower florets.
- Toss to dust the cauliflower, then transfer to a sieve set over the bowl of soy flour.
- Shake off excess, letting it fall into the bowl.
- Dip the pieces in the beaten egg, and fry until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer to paper towels to drain, and keep warm while you fry the remaining pieces.
- When you take the cauliflower out after frying, season it with salt and pepper and serve immediately with the aioli for dipping.