Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from The Love Chef. It is low in carbs but not anything else. We made this for a test tasting and it was awesome BUT we can't use it - too many changes & substitutions for a regular menu but once in awhile it is wonderful!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (not that bottled stuff!)
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- fresh ground black pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- extra virgin olive oil (for frying)
- soy flour, for dusting
- 1 large head cauliflower, cored and cut into florets
- 3 eggs, beaten
- To make the aioli, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, capers, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl, and stir well to combine.
- Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat enough Extra Virgin Olive Oil to measure a depth of 2 inches to 350º F.
- Put the soy flour, sprinkled with crushed red pepper flakes, if using, in a medium bowl and add a handful or two of the cauliflower florets.
- Toss to dust the cauliflower, then transfer to a sieve set over the bowl of soy flour.
- Shake off excess, letting it fall into the bowl.
- Dip the pieces in the beaten egg, and fry until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer to paper towels to drain, and keep warm while you fry the remaining pieces.
- When you take the cauliflower out after frying, season it with salt and pepper and serve immediately with the aioli for dipping.