Recipe by Wildflour
I rarely get to enjoy this, as my hubby hates cauliflower! But, when he's gone.....it's mine.....aaaaaaaaaaaaall mine!!!! :D
Top Review by Sydney Mike
If you love cauliflower, this one is GREAT! I followed the recipe pretty much, but did use multigrain bread crumbs, stayed away from the Ranch dressing, but I did sprinkle a bit of shredded colby monterey jack cheese on them & popped them into the oven for a couple of minutes so that the cheese just started to melt! ABSOLUTELY GREAT! [Made & reviewed while on tour in Canada on Zaar's World Tour 4]
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into flowerets
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- dried breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash flowerets, drain and dry completely on papertowel.
- Make a batter of egg, flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, and enough milk to make a batter of medium consistency.
- Dip flowerets into batter, roll in breadcrumbs, and fry in heated /hot oil until golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot, with Ranch dressing or melted cheese for dipping if desired.