Recipe by kittycara
Crispy and yummy!
Top Review by LARavenscroft
This was good, but not fantastic. My cornmeal was a coarse grind so they didn't fry up very well. Will try this again and re-review with a finer grind of cornmeal. Thanks for posting this kittycara! Made for Every Day is a Holiday Tag.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 cups oil, to deep fry
- 1 1⁄2 cups cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 egg
- splash water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut up head of cauliflower into bite size chunks.
- Break eggs into small bowl and mix with small amount of water.
- In another bowl mix cornmeal and salt.
- Heat oil to medium heat.
- Place a few pieces of cauliflower in egg mix and drip off excess.
- Place egg dipped cauliflower into cornmeal.
- Shake off excess cornmeal.
- Place breaded cauliflower into hot oil.
- Fry until light golden brown.