Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Crispy and yummy!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 cups oil, to deep fry
- 1 1⁄2 cups cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 egg
- splash water
- Cut up head of cauliflower into bite size chunks.
- Break eggs into small bowl and mix with small amount of water.
- In another bowl mix cornmeal and salt.
- Heat oil to medium heat.
- Place a few pieces of cauliflower in egg mix and drip off excess.
- Place egg dipped cauliflower into cornmeal.
- Shake off excess cornmeal.
- Place breaded cauliflower into hot oil.
- Fry until light golden brown.
This was good, but not fantastic. My cornmeal was a coarse grind so they didn't fry up very well. Will try this again and re-review with a finer grind of cornmeal. Thanks for posting this kittycara! Made for Every Day is a Holiday Tag.
Prepared this cauliflower recipe as an appetizer and served it with Ranch Salad Dressing. I used a large deep fry pan to fry the cauliflower because I don't have a deep frier. It was also a good way to use up some cornmeal in my 'pantry purge in progress'. Another favorite cauliflower recipe. Thanks for posting.
This was pretty good!! I have also only ever had beer battered cauliflower, and we like this, it was a nice change, and very easy and quick to do. The only thing I would do differently next time is add some dried herbs to the cornmeal, maybe dried basil or something. We served them with ranch too and really liked that. Thanks for posting!