Recipe by Jangomango
This is a delicious little garnish, if you don't eat them all first. It's great on salads and appetizers. You can try it out with any quantity of capers if you have any left over oil. Just make sure they are as dry as you can get them, otherwise they won't be crispy.
- 1⁄4 cup capers, drained and patted dry (less or more, depending on how many you want)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- kosher salt or sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil to 365-75* F in a medium saucepan.
- If you haven't a thermometer, this is hot but definitely not smoking.
- Lower the capers, (I use a Chinese deep frying wire utensil) a few at a time, into the oil and fry until they suddenly pop open and look like little flower buds.
- Let them cook for a couple of seconds, remove, and drain on paper towels.
- Salt, sparingly, since they are salty already.