Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
Here is a different way to enjoy this excellent fruit. I like to serve it with my Cantaloupe Ice Cream #97769 and decorate the plate with a sprig of mint, some fresh blueberries and raspberries.
- 1 large ripe cantaloupe
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white creme de menthe
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sweet dessert wine
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg white
- oil (for deep frying)
- Quarter the melon.
- Peel, remove seeds.
- Slice each quarter into four thin wedges.
- Put into a bowl and sprinkle the sugar over cantaloupe wedges.
- Pour the CREME DE MENTHE over them and stir.
- Put in refrigerator and chill for at least 2 hours.
- After 2 hours remove cantaloupe from refrigerator and prepare batter.
- Mix together flour, wine and butter.
- Beat until smooth.
- Beat egg white until frothy and fold into flour mixture.
- Dip cantaloupe wedges into batter.
- Heat oil in a deep-fat fryer.
- Place cantaloupe wedges in the basket and fry until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve.