Recipe by Mille®
Elegant, delicious, quick and easy appetizer. If you have to hunt for Camembert cheese, it is well worth your time.
Top Review by Daria L.
My best friend makes this as an appetiser when we visit, minus the cayenne in the mix and the apples on the side. She always serves it with cranberry sauce. Cranberry sauce is such a winner with this recipe. It doesn't seem like a natural pairing, but it works SO well!
- 4 (1 ounce) packages camembert cheese
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 ounces fresh white breadcrumbs
- oil (for deep frying)
- 4 sweet apples, cored and quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the cayenne pepper and the flour, then roll each Camembert portion in flour, then in egg and then in breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or until a bread cube browns in 60 seconds.
- Fry the portions of Camembert for 30 seconds or until golden brown.
- Drain on kitchen paper.
- Garnish with apple wedges and serve immediately.