- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 lbs calamari, rings
- 4 cups unseasoned breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first 6 ingredients together.
- Add enough water to the flour mixture to make a slightly thick batter.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Dip the calamari rings into this batter then coat with plain (unseasoned) breadcrumbs.
- Then deep fry (in small batches) for 1-2 minutes at about 375*F. Serve with marinara sauce.